Thursday, May 3, 2018

Track and Field Techniques...

Florence Griffith–Joyner  December 21, 1959 – September 21, 1998), also known as Flo-Jo, was an American track and field athlete. She is considered the fastest woman of all time based on the fact that the world records she set in 1988 for both the 100 m and 200 m still stand.



Watch these videos.  For two of the videos, tell one thing you learned from the video and how you will incorporate it into your event on Monday.


  1. 100m and 200m sprints:

How to run a fast 100m

2.  600m-800m race.


3. 1200m -1500m race.


4. Shot Put


5. Discus


6. Long Jump


7. Triple Jump



11 comments:

  1. don't go for long strides all the way

    MDaniels

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep the body low as you start running.

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that its ok if you didn't start in first place.
    You will have more energy at the end, then you can sprint to first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't sprint at the beginning and do not stutter right before i hit the board or else i would get a void.
    Peyten O

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is such thing as a 1500 meter race

    the anemometer says the wind is withing the legal limit

    locklan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will use it when I run the 100 meters.

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the 1200 meter race i will build up my pace for the last lap and make sure to have enough energy to sprint at the ending if im close with someone.


    For triple jump i will make sure to plan out my run and do not foul.

    RYLAN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned you want to get as much of the white line on your foot cuz I thought you had to jump before the white line so I will keep a fast consistent pace and get as far on the white line as I can.

    For 100 I will build up my momentum so I can run as fast as possible and possibly snag a spot in the zones but also I won’t well try not to look at other people.

    Jaeger

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing I learned was when you are doing discus you can spin around and that can help you get it farther and when you are doing the hundred meter you should sprint the whole thing I will sprint all of it
    yash

    ReplyDelete
  10. start with short strides and 2. for shot put all the power comes from the legs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember the rules and etiquette before you post.